Day 3: Breakfast

(This pretty much applies to all our breakfasts.) Our hotel had a buffet breakfast with both Chinese and Western food. I was determined to eat totally Chinese for the whole trip.

Some breakfast foods I liked were the sticky rice and dates wrapped in grape leaves (photo below). Also there were some little rice things that I don't have a picture of. There was always a pot of congee (rice porridge) (middle photo), a basic staple which is pretty bland but you can add stuff for example peanuts and pickles. Breakfast was the only meal where we had the option of Western food. Among other things, you could have eggs prepared on the spot however you wanted them (last photo).
Later on, towards the end of the trip, I did veer over into Western food a bit and I ate some hard boiled eggs and some toast. (Full disclosure: I'm not counting the trailmix and Luna bars that I brought with me and occasionally snacked on!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely would have needed some western food in there too! It would have been a tough transition to go completely Chinese the whole trip!